Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year New You ~ What Is Ultherapy?

So what exactly is Ultherapy?
The quick answer is simply the most amazing thing I have ever done!
Ultherapy is for anyone who wants pretty much any area from their decolletage to their hairline lifted, smoothed, reshaped.
It can lift brows (in doing so opening the eye area), chisel jawlines, reshape chins, smooth undereye areas and much, much more.
It is for both men and women, of any age group.
I had Ultherapy 6 months ago and the results were spectacular from the start, and only got better. My clinician, Sandra Caldwell and the Blume Skin Centre in Scottsdale AZ told me that it may not even have reached it's final point yet! 

I originally wrote the post below two weeks after the treatment, but wanted to re-post it now, as so many of us look to make big improvements at the beginning of a new year.


What Is Ultherapy?



It is the only non invasive treatment that is FDA cleared to lift skin on the neck, under the chin and on the eyebrow. It is also approved to improve lines and wrinkles on the decolletage.
You have no down time, no redness, no bruising - nothing. It is amazing!


Ultherapy-Before-And-After
Ultherapy before and after. Magic, no?















(By the way, none of these images are pictures of me.)

Before Ultherapy if you needed your neck tightened or lifted, if you maybe had a double chin or unattractive under-chin or jawline profile, or maybe your eyebrows needed lifting, the only option was to go under the knife. It was costly, there was a danger element involved - any time you have an elective surgery there is a risk, and on top of that we have all seen face-lifts gone wickedly wrong.

Ultherapy involves no cutting and stitching, no slicing out unwanted flesh, and no battered and bruised visage to wait out the healing process.
Ultherapy delivers focused ultrasound energy to the same foundation layer typically addressed by surgeons during plastic surgery, without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin.
The energy initiates the body's natural response to stimulate the growth of fresh, new collagen and to strengthen weak collagen.
Some patients see an initial effect right after their treatment, but the real result happens over the coarse of 2 or 3 months as the new collagen builds, gradually lifting and tightening the skin on the face and neck, and smoothing the skin on the chest.

Unlike lasers and radio frequency therapies, Ultherapy bypasses the surface of the skin and delivers ultrasound energy at the optimal depth, temperature and precision. It also uses ultrasound imaging which allows your technician to see the layers of tissue they are treating, ensuring that energy is both delivered safely and to where it is most beneficial.
The technician draws a grid on the area she is working on and is able to direct the treatment to exactly where it is needed.

Unlike lasers and photo-facial treatments Ultherapy is a perfect treatment to have over the summer, because it is not photo-sensitive, the procedure does not affect the skin's surface and you have no down time.
Think of the treatment like the foundation of a house - it holds everything up and in place.


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin-And-Jaw
Ultherapy before and after chin and jaw

How Did I Discover Ultherapy?
As a makeup artist I am always looking into ways for my clients to achieve balance in their faces, and to capture youth without looking like they have had surgery. For years now I have been taking clients, both local Arizonians as well as clients from California and Texas, even as far away as Calgary to see the amazing Dr Blume at the Blume Skin Centre in Scottsdale Arizona
Dr Blume and his clinical manager Sandra Caldwell take care of my celebrity clientele and my brides, and everyone in between. 
During visits there I started noticing everyone looking younger, and looking revitalized, and I also started noticing double chins disappearing and necks becoming smoother. Whatever was going on with the staff and the customers in the waiting room, I wanted in on the action!
My clients started having Ultherapy and I would see jawlines becoming crisper, collapsing brows lifting back up, and everyone looking sensational. I watched the progression of people's results over the course of several months, and found the results to be universally sensational.


Ultherapy-before-and-after-chin-and-neck
Ultherapy chin and neck before and after


How Long Does Ultherapy Last?
As with anything you do to your face, be it botox, fillers, lasers - any treatment, the result is 100% dependent on the skill of the technician performing the treatment. If your Ultherapy is performed by a master technician, like Sandra Caldwell of the 
Blume Skin Centre you can expect results to last up to 5 years if you are under 50, and 3 years if you are in your 50's

Ultherapy-before-and-after-chin
Ultherapy before and after chin lift


Who Is Ultherapy For?
Ultherapy is not necessarily age specific.
It will lift skin, and especially when combined with fillers can replace or stall the need for a face lift. 
But it is also for people who are not looking for a facelift alternative.
Ultherapy is a fantastic option for anyone who has a double chin or a chin/jaw/neck profile that needs trimming or lifting.


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin
Ultherapy before and after under chin

Ultherapy is also an amazing option for anyone wanting a brow lift. That can be someone who as a part of the aging process has eyebrows that have dropped, or anyone who has a heavy brow that is creating excess skin folds in the upper eyelid. 
Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Brow-Lift
Ultherapy before and afteer brow lift

Can Young People Have Ultherapy?
Yes they can. Ultherapy is not age specific.
For brides Ultherapy is a wonderful way to correct or enhance the jawline (think of all those profile photos!) and also to waken and revitalize the eye with a brow lift.


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin
Ultherapy before and after chin lift

How Do You Choose A Technician?
This is the single most important decision to make when choosing Ultherapy. 
Avoid Groupon deals (like the plague!) instead opting for a Certified Advanced Technician who can show you before and afters of numerous clients she has worked on. 
There are substantial costs involved for the office performing Ultherapy, so the only way to cut the price is to reduce the amount of energy the technician uses on a client, which in turn will give a marginal result.

I went to Sandra Caldwell, Clinical Manager at the 
Blume Skin Centre in Scottsdale Arizona. Not only is Sandra a Certified Advanced Therapist, but she has performed hundreds of treatments (including treatments on my clients) and her results are consistently amazing.

What Should You Watch Out For?
Watch out for cheap deals. This applies to anything you are having done to your face. I never see fabulous "bargain" botox or filler jobs, in fact discount facial injecting invariably makes up some of the very worst I see. Allowing for the fact that your results will last up to 5 years or more you want to make sure you are going to someone brilliant with a sharp eye for balance and aesthetic beauty.

How Many Treatments Do I Need?
This is a one time treatment. Depending on the area or areas you are having worked on the average treatment will be in the vicinity of an hour. If you are just having a brow lift you will need less time, a full face,neck and decolletage will take a little longer.


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Brow-Lift
Ultherapy before and after brow lift

What Does Ultherapy Cost?
The cost of Ultherapy depends on which areas you are having worked on.
A brow lift runs around $500, which means you will save a huge amount of money versus Botox brow lifting when you consider it will last you around 5 years!
A neck treatment should be around $1500, a full  face costs around $5000


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin-Jaw-Neck
Ultherapy before and after chin and jawline


My Story

I didn't like the way my neck and jawline were looking. My jawline had lost it's crispness, and I felt that my neck was starting to look lined and fleshy. I was also noticing that my brow was dropping, causing the skin on my upper eyelid to look heavy. Which are both signs of having left our 30s.
It was made worse when a local Cosmetic Surgeon cornered me at a social event, telling me I absolutely had to have a brow lift done.
I was horrified!  
I talked to Sandra and Dr. Blume about it for months, going over the best options for me. We looked at the before and after pictures of other Blume Skin Centre clients who had had Ultherapy, but not being one to race into anything I still took my time to make the decision.
I saw a difference within a couple of days of the treatment. 
My neck immediately started looking firmer, smoother and tighter. My jawline is already starting to resemble it's former sharp self and although I never had a double chin, nor was I aware of excess flesh under my chin, the smoothing and firming of that area is sensational!
Everywhere I go people who know me are telling me I look revitalized. I am asked if I have been on vacation, if I have had extra sleep, if I am using a new eye cream. The subtle lifting of the brow area is taking away the heavier upper eyelid, making my eyes look bright and awakened. It's fabulous!
And I only had my Ulthrapy less than a month ago.


Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin-And-Neck
Ultherapy before and after chin and neck (with awful lipliner)

Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin-And-Neck
Ultherapy before and after chin and neck
Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Brow
Ultherapy before and after brow lift

Ultherapy-Before-And-After-Chin-And-Neck
Ultherapy before and after chin and neck

If you are thinking about having Ultherapy, and are either in Arizona, near Arizona or willing to travel to Arizona (well worthwhile - this is your face afterall!) call or go see the experts at the Blume Skin Centre. 

Blume Skin Centre
(480) 699-7999
8575 East Princess Drive, 
Suite 123
Scottsdale Arizona

No comments :

Post a Comment