Thursday, January 7, 2016

Mornings In Florence

I love Florence.

Florence-morning
Sunrise on Ponte Vecchio



I've loved her for years. She is one of the most magnificent cities in the world. 

Santa-Maria-Del-Fiore
Early morning Duomo

One of my absolute favorite things to do in Florence is to get up early and go walking.
Before the crowds descend, before the views get obstructed by the human masses, before the lines of tourists wrap around the buildings.



Santa-Maria-Del-Fiore

Early-Morning-Ponte-Vecchio
Ponte Vecchio before everyone arrives



Early-Morning-Ponte-Vecchio
Ponte Vecchio

shop-doors-ponte-vecchio
The shops on Ponte Vecchio before they open for the day

Pitti-Palace-Early-Morning
Pitti Palace with the early morning sun


There is a magic hour in Florence after the sun is up and before the shops are open, when there is almost no one around. That is my favorite hour. This is when the city is my own, and I don't have to share her with anyone.


Palazzo-Vecchio
Piazza Della Signoria before the crowds arrive

Florence street in the early morning
Santa Maria Novella


All images taken on my iPhone while walking in Florence.



No comments :

Post a Comment