Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Curly Girl's Guide To Gorgeous Summer Hair

curly-girl


Are you a curly girl?
I am.
If you have curly hair, wavy hair, kinky hair or tight curls, then this post is for you.


Ciara-Blonde-Curly
In my mind my curly hair looks like Ciara's.
Unfortunately in real life it doesn't.

In my mind I have luscious, beautiful, bouncy curls, but in reality I have that nasty curly hair that looks like a really bad home perm, gone terribly wrong. 

Although my kind of hair holds a blow out like no other, it can be brutal in the summer when you're going to the beach, pool parties, dealing with humid weather, traveling - basically anything that falls under the headings of "fun" and "summer". Unless of course, I want to spend the time blowing it out. Which especially when I'm on vacation, I don't.

shakira-beach
Shakira's beach curls - I wish mine looked like this!

So I have been looking for something to help me both for everyday life and also for dealing with summer, and found these fabulous products courtesy of Ouidad, world renowned hairstylist and pioneer of the curly hair industry, and her fabulous line of products designed specifically for curly girls.
(A.K.A. lifesavers!)

One of the things I love about Ouidad products is that I can buy them in travel sizes. If you have curly hair then you already know that you absolutely must have products with you when you go on vacation or you will look like a frizzy, unkempt mess. 


Ouidad-Travel-Set
Curl Essentials Travel Set

I just got the Ouidad Curl Essentials Trial Set which includes what I call travel sizes, of their famous essential core products:
The Waterworks Clarifying Shampoo, to cleanse the hair without stripping away essential nutrients and moisture.

The Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner, a lightweight leave in product that gives a breathable moisture foundation that keeps your hair hydrated without weighing your curls down.

Botanical Boost Curl Energizing Refreshing Spray energizes and reawakens curls, both the day you wash your hair, and the following days when you need to liven it back up. (Especially good for those of us who can't shampoo our hair every day without looking like a brillo pad)
Climate Control Heat And Humidity Gel fills each strand of hair with the optimal level of moisture and then seals it in, preventing expansion in even the most humid conditions (stops you getting frizzy), but doesn't leave a greasy or heavy residue. 




Another Ouidad product that is totally amazing for curly girls is the Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil. Curly hair can get really dry, which makes it brittle, causing breakage. When curls dry out they look dull and lifeless and to make it worse they get frizzy. 
Sometimes the answer is in the way we cleanse our hair. 
Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil turns even the driest, lackluster curls into bouncy, gorgeous curls, adding moisture from the inside out, and then coating them in CR4 Repair, binding the moisture in and making your hair glossy and shiny. I'm ordering this next!

There is a BOGO on The Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil at the moment, so you can buy one and get a second one half off.

Read about Ouidad and her lifesaving line of curly girl hair products here.

Ouidad

No comments :

Post a Comment