Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year New You ~ Set Your Goals


I am completely goal driven.
New Year to me is get your shit together time. 
Its figure this deal out time.
 Its put plans into action time.

Benjamin Franklin said "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

I believe that the things you want in life are just dreams, until you write them down.
Then they become goals.
When they become goals the law of attraction kicks in and things start to happen.

I start each year by writing out my goals in a leather bound journel, and then take time throughout the year to re-read them, give myself progress updates, and add to them. I also check over last year's goals and see how well I did.

If you're not sure where to begin, or if goal setting is new to you and feels foreign, here are some ideas to get you started.

1. What do you want to see, discover or explore? I am a travel junkie, so my travel goals always seem to be at the top of my goal list.
 
Venice-Romance-Lovers
Lovers in Venice
 I saw these lovers, all dressed up for each other, kissing in the rain in Venice. And I thought to myself, Venice in the rain with your lover is a pretty good goal. 


2. How do you want your daily life to look? Maybe you want more free time, maybe you want more quality time with people you love.
The more specific you are, the better.

3. What are your financial goals? Winning the lottery or being a millionaire don't really count, it's more about getting specific about how much you want to save/invest/earn etc.



4. What skills do you want to master, improve or learn? This could be hobbies or it could be personal disciplines. It might be something that you are already good at but that you want to improve upon.

improve your swing?

5. What are your career goals?

6. What personal quality do you want to strengthen? Lord knows I need more patience...

7. What are your health and fitness goals? This year I want to go to yoga class 5 days per week. I have exactly zero desire to run marathons, climb mountains or do crossfit. But yoga I love, and I get more out of it if I go to class.

Crow.
Namaste

8. What material things do you want this year? Maybe its a new car, maybe its a house, maybe its a pair of Louboutins. (great goal!!) Whatever it is or they are, identify and then write it/them down.
Red-Quilted-Chanel-Handbag
Red quilted Chanel Handbag
 I'm not sure if its a goal or a vision board item, 
but I seriously want a red quilted Chanel handbag this year.


Nicole-Ritchie-Red-Chanel-Bag
Nicole Ritchie wears my Chanel dream bag well!
It's your goal list so be as greedy as you want.


Remember:
If your goals don't terrify you then they're not big enough.

No comments :

Post a Comment