Friday, May 18, 2012

What Skin Care To Pack When You Travel

The single best trick you can do
to make yourself look fabulous when you travel
is to have your skin look amazing.

Traveling stresses your skin.

Often you are traveling to a different climate,
so your skin has a whole different set of needs, 
that require a different selection of products that you use at home.

If you are traveling to a place more humid than home,
your normal skin care products may be too heavy. 
If you are going to a climate that is drier than home
your normal skin care routine may leave your skin parched and dehydrated.

So you need to have a plan.

I always want my skin, and my client's skin 
to look hydrated and glowing.
The better your skin looks, 
the less makeup you need, and the better
any makeup you do use is going to look.


Pictured above, model Ashley Black (FordRBA)
has my actual travel bag 
with many of my personal travel skincare items.

From the bottom left, Apivita single serve masks. A quickie solution to whatever may pop up. I have masks for dried out skin, masks for overly oily skin, masks for tired skin, masks for breakouts. These are conveniently packaged so they take up no space and weigh next to nothing.

I swear by these eye gels. I keep them in my pro kit, at home, and in my travel bags.
When I get to my hotel I take 10 mins quality time with some eye gels on to instantly invigorate and hydrate the skin under my eyes. The first place to make you look tired, jet lagged or just plain old is the under eye area. These work magic, and have you looking beyond fantastic immediately.
They also work wonders at hiding the signs of a banging hangover...

These towelettes activate when you rub them together, and give you a water free, rinse free cleanse.
Great for traveling, they are also brilliant after a day at the beach when you want to do a quick clean up.

I have a full sized Clarisonic at home, but take the slightly smaller Mia with me when I travel.
Clarisonic gives you a 6X deeper cleanse, plus it lifts away dry skin and debris on the surface of your face.
It helps beat breakouts before they start, so is a great tool to combat the effects of humidity.
Clarisonic will also clean away any sunscreen left on your face after a day at the beach. It keeps your skin glowing and healthy.
Mia comes in a variety of cool and fun colors.

This serum is luxurious and lightweight and designed for all skin types.
It supports your skin's nighttime regeneration and works on fine lines and wrinkles. It is also very calming and soothing to your skin. And did I mention luxurious??

Inside the Jenny Train Case I have on the left, skynICELAND Arctic Mist.
This mist is instantly soothing, and is full of vitamins and antioxidants.It does all kinds of great things for your skin, and it just feels really nice after a day at the beach, a day of meetings, a day of travel - pretty much anything.

This is a high speed hydration boost for dry or tired skin. I apply it before moisturizer when my skin, or my client's skin needs some extra loving. It also soothes, smooths and softens.

Travel sized Hylunia Grape Seed Scrub for the body
This body scrub uses crushed grape seeds to buff away dead cells and debris from the surface of the skin, keep your limbs smooth and glowing.
If you get razor bumps or ingrown hairs its an amazing remedy. Great for guys faces too if they're getting ingrown whiskers or just need a smoother, easier shave.

Also from Hylunia, the incredible Colloidal Silver Mist
This one heals everything. Sunburn, wind burn - almost any skin ailment. Just spray onto the area a few times and it works magic.I keep this spray at home, in my pro kit and in my travel bags - I'm never without it.

Another product I am never without, Neutrogena Facial SPF 85.
Waterproof, dry touch (makeup goes on over it beautifully) non pore clogging, long lasting, number 1 dermatologist recommended facial SPF. Stabilized with helioplex it provides balanced broad spectrum protection from UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays.
Only apply to the areas you want to look pretty. Leave out all the bits you want to look old and wrinkly.

I use this SPF 50 to touch up with during the day. If you have makeup on you don't want to reapply a sunscreen lotion. This one comes with a self dispensing powder brush and performs the double duty of getting rid of shiny patches while giving you extra sun protection. I have them in all my handbags, and an extra one in my travel bag.
Don't leave home without it.

I also pack makeup into the Jenny train case, and a few other items. Its a convenient, well organized, well structured case that looks quite chic in your hotel bathroom.

Photo credits:
Photographer Kelly Cappelli
Model Ashley Black
Stylist Leah Michelle for Vintage by Misty
Hair Katie Hardison
Makeup Corinna Cooke
shot on location at the Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale Arizona

No comments :

Post a Comment