Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Blog Re-post: The Coveteur

Here is another re-post in the Saturday morning
blog series.

This time I am re-posting The Coveteur.

One of my all time favorite blogs,  
The Coveteur takes you
all around the world, 
into the closets of the famed, 
the intriguing and the glamorous.

Its fascinating finding out all 
the where's and the why's
of celebrity/fashionista closets. 

This Coveteur post is about 
one of the formost fashion bloggers,
Kelly Framel of The Glamourai.

Reading The Coveteur is addictive, 
feels almost voyeuristic,
and is never less than inspired and inspiring.

And I bet you can't just stop at one...




"It's more interesting to have just a picture of a small detail - 
then you can dream all the rest around it.
Because when you see the whole thing, what is there to imagine?" -Dries Van Noten

Kelly Framel

 

 

Stylist; Designer; Blogger, TheGlamourai.com. New York
 
 
When Kelly Framel started her blog, The Glamourai, back in ’08, there were very few gems like her out there. 

The Austin-born, Brooklyn-based blogger didn’t necessarily get her start on the net, though. 
Her career began as an evening-wear designer for Naeem Khan, from which she moved on to work with such notable names as Dolce & Gabbana, Coach, Dior and Ralph Lauren

Framel welcomed us into her home with open arms and a plate of specialty cheeses. 
(Ah, a girl who knows the key to The Coveteur’s heart… through our stomachs!) 

It’s easy to understand how the Huff Po hailed Framel’s blog as one of the 10 best in NYC. 


Her DIY-savvyness is exactly the kind of thing we love- a perfect mix of high/low and old/new. 
Definition: That vintage royal blue coat customized with Oscar floral lining, fur from eBay and an Indian belt-turned-beaded cuff.


In addition to being a blogstar, Framel also does regular consulting, styling and collaborations for big-time brands like Erin Fetherston, Club Monaco and Forever 21. 


She’s even done some modeling for Coach and Corello- how chic! And although we’re usually squirming at the sight of creepy crawlers, Framel’s famed collection of insect pendants had us squealing… with joy! 

Her penchant for prints, polka dots and pretty, lady-like things certainly warmed our hearts upon arrival- it’s always refreshing to see a girl who doesn’t do the all-black thing. 
We’ve seen plenty of good vintage in our time, (it’s just another day at the office for us) but it was Framel’s pieces from Feathers that swept us off our feet. Looks like we’re getting on the next flight to Austin. Yeehaw!


Digital Inspiration

 

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This is my roommate, Cesare. He loves to steal my jewelry! Today he's wearing a vintage beaded collar from the 1920's and a Brazilian agate necklace designed by Paula Mendoza.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Collar, Vintage; Necklace, Paula Mendoza </span>#inline_01
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>Like most New Yorkers, my closet is way too small, so I'm forced to constantly rotate my clothes. The benefit is that it forces me to regularly re-access what I should and shouldn't hold on to. My favorite silk nightshirt hangs on the door.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'></span>
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This little accessory shrine is my last stop in getting ready every day; it's where all the final details are selected.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'></span>
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>These vintage Yves Saint Laurent sunnies pinch my face, yet I still wear them to death. They are so special! 

The hexagonal, beaded box clutch was a steal at the Angel Street Thrift Shop on 17th Street.
</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Sunglasses, Vintage Yves Saint Laurent </span>#inline_02
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This coat has such a history! I ordered it from a vintage shop in Pittsburgh after spying but not buying it on a trip to visit my grandparents. I replaced the lining with this floral print from Oscar de la Renta, then added the vintage fur collar from eBay. The beaded cuffs were originally a belt from India -- they were the final touch in the coat's transformation.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Coat, Vintage and personalized by The Glamourai herself!</span>#inline_03
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>These butterfly sunnies are admittedly a bit much for everyday wear, but I couldn't resist adding them to my collection! Fiona here wears them more beautifully than I ever could.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Sunglasses, Vintage</span>#inline_04
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I plan to wear this hunter green bag every day this fall; it's from Corello, a Brazilian brand for whom I recently shot a campaign. The vintage chevron mink was actually ordered online by a former assistant. When it arrived, she decided it was too much for her, so I happily bought if off her on the spot! The high-top sneakers are from Rachel Roy's collaboration with surfer Karina Petroni.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Bag, Corello; Coat, Vintage; Shoes, Rachel Roy x Katrina Petroni</span>#inline_05
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>These sequin Manolo Blahniks were a 25th birthday present to myself -- that was the same birthday that my friends dubbed me 'The Glamourai' and my blog was born! Obviously, it was a special one.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Shoes, Manolo Blahnik </span>#inline_06
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>The white and red python clutches are from Primary, a line of chic basics designed by my friend Cleo Schroeder. She recently stole the dress from me, and I can't remember who designed it! It's vintage and was once long and frumpy; I gave it a drastic hemming. The spider brooch is the queen mother of my extensive collection of insect jewelry.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Dress and Brooch, Vintage; Clutches, Primary </span>#inline_07
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I'm crazy for this leather-collared frock, by New York designer Kimberly Taylor. The necklace is my own design, and the shoes are Corello.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Dress, Kimberly Taylor; Shoes, Corello; Necklace, Kelly Framel</span>#inline_08
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>My desktop inspiration board!</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'></span>
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I made this necklace from an oversized Christmas ornament, reinventing it with a thick coat of black lacquer and a 1920's celluloid chain. I'm anticipating that these Alexander Wang boots will be my favorite come fall. I'm late to the world of Wang-worship, but I'm catching up quickly. His shoes really are the best.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Shoes, Alexander Wang; Necklace, Kelly Framel</span>#inline_09
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>These three pictures are different artists' renditions of me: the top is by Garance Doré for Glamour Magazine, the bottom left is by Shoji Van Kuzumi for Stylecaster, and the bottom right is the glamour-monster inside me, as painted by my friend Kim Swift. The blouse is Elizabeth & James.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Top, Elizabeth & James</span>#inline_10
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This Jean Paul Gaultier top was a hand-me-down from my manager, Karen. She has the most insane closet and I trade styling advice in exchange for first dibs on her discards! The crystal collar is from Coach, and the necklace at the top left is one of my own designs.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Top, Jean-Paul Gaultier; Collar, Coach; Necklace, Kelly Framel</span>#inline_11
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I love this shot! These shoes are Miu Miu and are crazy comfortable. The dinosaur necklace is by Monserat de Lucca and the hog jaw comes courtesy of one of my father's hunting expeditions! He sent it to me in what was undoubtedly the weirdest FedEx delivery I've ever received.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Shoes, Miu Miu; Necklace, Monserat de Lucca</span>#inline_12
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This Delfina Delettrez ring came with a perfectly-matching blue nail polish. Genius!</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Ring, Delfina Delettrez </span>#inline_13
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I grew up playing with rubber mice instead of Barbies, and no, I cannot explain why. These days, I collect little gold versions instead; this belt came from eBay, my best source for vintage brass trinkets.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Belt, Vintage </span>#inline_14
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I bought this brass figurine from Brimfield flea market, and put my rings on it every night before I fall asleep. The swallow cuff is from a little shop in Paris and the vintage red spider brooch is one of my favorites. His wonky little eyes always make me smile.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Brooch, Vintage</span>#inline_15
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'></span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Brooch, Vintage</span>
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>I don't know why I collect miniature insects and rodents so fervently, because in real life I detest them both. The vintage Gucci purse was a lucky find from a small spot in Greenpoint.</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Bag, Vintage Gucci </span>#inline_16
<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This vintage tea dress is from Feathers, a must-visit boutique in Austin, Texas. I've never walked out of that store empty-handed!</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>All, Vintage</span>#inline_17
Check out today's blog in its original format  here.
On The Coveteur blog itself, you can click on any image and find out the hows,wheres and whys behind each of her treasures.
Too fabulous!
 
Color me inspired....

Follow The Coveteur Blog here
Like The Coveteur on facebook/The Coveteur 
The Coveteur is on twitter @thecoveteur

No comments :

Post a Comment