Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend At The Races

So this weekend the NHRA rolled into Firebird International Raceway.

Once again we were taken care of by Don Schumacher Racing,
who not only have amazing hospitality,
but really do seem to enjoy being fantastic hosts.

They take an already fun situation and really raise the bar.
Love it!

Courtesy of the fine folks at TheFlip.com
I was armed with a flipcam ultraHD
so I could get you the goods from behind the scenes.

I decided it might be fun to have you meet some of my favorite drivers.
So on Saturday we made you a little movie.
You'll see how cool and fun these guys and girls are.
Check it out:







Aren't they cool? There were a couple more I was planning on getting for you, but fun, racing and socializing all got me distracted...

Anyway, here are the stars of this little video, (in order of appearance) and I've linked their websites so that you can go check them out.

Tim Wilkerson

NHRA races are really fast, exciting, and so loud you can "feel the noise".
Here is another clip I got with the FlipCam UltraHD.
It shows John Force and Cruz Pedregon racing their Nitro Funny Cars.

Each run starts out with a burnout.
Now I'm sure there's some technical thing going on,
getting traction for the tires or something,
but it always looks like big old macho man posturing,
pre race psyching the opponent out .
Its brilliant!
I looove it!








Tomorrow I'll have some more fun stuff to show you,
and who knows,
maybe a giveaway too.

Actually, we will do a giveaway.
See you tomorrow!

XO

C

4 comments :

  1. Great job, Corinna! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be there soooo bad lol....
    was that "Wish you were here" from Ronnie for me hahaha.. i wish hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the video and your blog. Awesome job! Looks like you had a great time!xoxo

    ReplyDelete