Sunday, July 17, 2016

Beach Beauty ~ What To Pack In Your Beach Bag

How's your summer going?
As for me, well I could do with more beach days, as in every day.
I was asked recently what I put in my beach bag (apart from towel, book, hair ties). I actually keep it pretty simple.
If you have some beach days coming up, here are 5 essential pieces to pack in your beach bag.


beach beauty








striped-beach-bag
Caslon straw beach bag, on sale at Nordstrom



Broad Spectrum Facial Sun Protection



broad-spectrum-facial-sunscreen

I can't stress enough how important a really good facial sunscreen is. You should wear it every day of your life, not only to protect you from getting melanomas on your face (have you ever seen someone with half their nose cut off from skin cancer?) but also sun damage is the fastest way to age your skin, so therefore preventing sun damage is the best way to stay youthful.
You just cannot get more sun protection than Neutrogena Dry Touch Broad Spectrum SPF 100





Sun Protection For Your Body


This summer I'm into Juice Beauty's Organic Moisturizing SPF 30 Sport Sunscreen
organic-sunscreen


I love the whole organic side to it, but also like that it's a sport formula (I'm not sporty) because sport sunscreens tend to stay on better and longer. If they're going to protect you nicely while you're out running, chances are they'll take care of me nicely while I'm lazing in the sunshine.


Lip Balm 

You need to give your kisser some extra loving when you're at the beach, both keeping it hydrated and using some sun protection.
Try Juice Beauty's Organic SPF 8 Lip Moisturizer
lipbalm-spf


These are ridiculously affordable, so  not only can you keep re-applying all day but it's not a big deal if it gets sand in it or gets melty in the heat. Win win win!






A Bright Lipstick



 Electric Poppy
If you are going to wear any makeup to the beach, such as your brows and some waterproof mascara you will be putting them on at home before you leave, so the only makeup you need to throw in your beach bag is a nice, bright, vibrant lipstick or lipgloss to offset your beachy glow.
Try Charlotte Tilbury's new Hot Lips in Electric Poppy or in Hot Emily


Hot Emily


After Sun Hydration


After a day at the beach your skin is normally a little more dehydrated and maybe got some excess sun, so it needs some extra loving. I prefer to spritz on something refreshing rather than try to work a cream or lotion into my skin, and if you've been reading this blog for the past three years you already know that my go-to product is Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist

Facial-mists


Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Limited

No comments :

Post a Comment