Monday, August 31, 2015

Keep Your In-Flight Beauty Game - Strong! beauty Tip Of The Week #25

Have you ever watched an international flight deplaning? Especially a good, long flight?
It's like watching a real live episode of The Walking Dead, without the bloody bits.
Passengers tend to look a uniform shade of ashen grey, their hair is all over the place - in general they look like hell.

When my plane lands I'm always either bouncing straight into work or into some fun social engagement, so I need to have my game face on. Or at least not look like a vampire. for me it's all about which beauty products I take on board with me. This morning I'm packing for the Glam Italia 2 Tour which takes off tomorrow, so today we are looking at some Cabin Baggage Beauty.


Inflight-Beauty


Here is what is coming on board with me:


Cabin-Baggage-beauty
Beauty products going in my cabin baggage

Starting with skin care. I always fly with no makeup on. Makeup looks ghastly at the end of a long flight, so I work my skin care game throughout the flight and then either put on makeup an hour before landing, or in the restroom after we de-plane.


Read my post about beating Jet Lag here

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is a lifesaver. I spritz this on before the flight and then as needed during the flight for extra hydration and nourishment.

I give my skin a liberal coating of both Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Cream and Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Eyecream to bind in the moisture. I either buy them in travel size, or get them in sampler boxes from the Tatcha website. These items are from the Mother's Day Gift Set I received this year.

Tatcha Gold Camellia Lip Balm keeps lips from drying out and cracking and also feels incredibly luxe.

Don't forget your hands - they suffer from the lack of water in the air too. Keep your hands looking lovely with Tatcha Indigo Handcream (also available in travel size).

Instead of looking ghostly when you land, apply a sheer coat of Makeup Forever Skin Equalizer primer to give your skin an even surface, followed by Makeup Forever Lift Concealer (if you have dark rings under your eyes) and a little MAC BB cream to bring back some color into your complexion and get rid of the long flight pallor.
I love Inglot AMC Liquid Blush. If you don't have access to Inglot grab a Nars Multiple Stick in a warm tone like Portofino.

A full face of makeup isn't necessary, just focus on your brows, cheeks, lashes and lips. Givenchy makes a good brow pencil, I've used the Shu Uemura lash curler for years, and I'm a die-hard fan of Diorshow Blackout Mascara. I use a flesh toned pencil from Philosophy in the water line to brighten my eyes

When you are looking washed out your best friend is a pair of dark sunglasses and a bright lip.
Reds can be a little too fierce so I always go for the vibrant pop of color you get from bold pinks and fuchsias. Try MAC lipstick in Impassioned after shaping your pout with MAC lip liner in Vino.

Everyone smells awful after 8 hours+ in a cabin with recirculating air. More importantly your hair smells stale. 
Oribe Cote D'Azur Hair Refresher Spray smells like heaven and totally refreshes your locks. (you can buy it in travel size too)

All these items fit easily into my see thru Miami Blue cosmetics pouch from Stephanie Johnson.

Can you believe Katy Perry got the Carine Roitfeld treatment? I'm going to read all about it in the September issue of Harpers Bazaar during my flight.

No comments :

Post a Comment