Wednesday, August 12, 2015

How To Have A Happy And Productive Day

Have you ever noticed that if you wake up late, race to get out the door on time, start your day frazzled and frantic, the whole day seems to go downhill at the speed of light?

I'm borderline phobic about being late for anything, so to avoid starting my day out with an I'm-running-late stress-bomb I started working out ways to make my morning flow nicely. The more steps I added in, the better my entire day became. I found myself happier, more productive and more relaxed all day.

how-to-have-a-happy-and-productive-day

10 Steps To Make Sure You Have A Happy And Productive Day.


1. Go To Bed Early.
Well, I would love to get to bed early, but that pretty much never happens, so I focus on getting to bed a half hour earlier than usual. Sometimes its only 15 minutes earlier, but every little bit counts.

2. Plan Tomorrow's Outfit Tonight.
Lay out tomorrow's clothes before you go to bed, or at least think them out. Mornings move more smoothly when your wardrobe is at least mentally sorted ahead of time.

3. Wake With Gratitude.
Get into the habit of starting your day by acknowledging 10 things you are grateful for. Think them out before you get out of bed.
If you start your day with gratitude you will automatically be happy. There's magic in this madness too - the more you tell the Universe you are grateful for, the more things it will give you to be grateful for. 

how-to-have-a-happy-and-productive-day

4. Stretch.
Whether you do sun salutations or just simple stretches, your body, your mind and your soul will love you for it.

5. No Screens For 30 Minutes.
There was a time when I would automatically click on CNN and start scrolling through emails as soon as I woke up. Now I have a no screens policy.
When you don't have news hysteria hijacking your brain, and you wait 30 minutes before even considering opening email, your mind can ease into your day.
I used to think that I needed to be informed and know what was happening in the world, but then I realized that CNN doesn't give you world news anyway, and they just regurgitate the same stories over and over for the first few hours of the morning, so you won't be missing anything if you wait 30 minutes.

6. Play Music.
With news television out of the way, start your day with beautiful music. Or invigorating music. Something happy and inspiring to lift you up.

7. Drink Water Before Coffee.
Start your day with a large glass of cold water infused with lemons.
Lemon water is good for your skin, good for your immune system, detoxes your liver, relieves stress and much more.

how-to-have-a-happy-and-productive-day
start your day with lemon water

8. Exercise. (if you can)
Anytime that I can exercise in the early morning I feel fantastic all day. As a makeup artist I have so many super early starts to the day that I hardly ever get to work out as early as I would like. Even doing just 10 minutes of yoga will lift your spirits, but if you can get outside and run or bike or power walk, mother nature will lift you even more.

how-to-have-a-happy-and-productive-day

9. Live With Intention.
While you are getting ready visualize the day ahead, seeing everything going the way you want it to. Over time you will find that instead of worrying about deadlines and meetings, reviews and potential problems, your brain will automatically plug into the most positive potential outcome. Not only will you walk taller and with more confidence, but instead of worrying about what might go wrong your mind will move to problem solving mode, priming you for success.

10. Make Today Count.
I love this quote from Steve Jobs' famous commencement speech at Stanford in 2005. 
If it was my last day in the world I would spend it traveling somewhere fabulous with those I love most...

For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Have yourself a happy and productive day my friends.
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment