Thursday, April 21, 2011

Whats In My Handbag???

Everywhere I go, and I do mean everywhere, whether its to a shoot, a coffee shop, walking through an airport or even walking through the garage at Nascar with Jen (race car driver Jennifer Jo Cobb), people stop me and ask me where I got my cool handbag.

image courtesy kellycappelli.com

So lets have a look.

My handbag is a faux Russian silver fox bag, and is made by a company called Rebirth. (find them here on facebook at Rebirth Bags By Tracey Martin)
I think it is by far the most fun bag I've ever owned! Its super well built, can carry a lot of gear around in it, and even being dragged around in my crazy life it holds up beautifully!

The next question is invariably what do I carry in it??

image courtesy kellycappelli.com
 As you can see, quite a lot! Starting from left to right up top, I have no idea whats under my book, but when we emptied out my bag I found a bunch of airline boarding passes, so that might be them.
I'm re-reading Under The Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes (one of my fave books), there's always a magazine in there, this time its Vogue Italia, Feb issue I think?
I always have Starbucks Via packs and 5 hour energies in my bag. Long work days = always tired!
Invariably there'll be Larabars in there too, so that I don't grab muffins or junk food when I'm suddenly starving.
Nail polish for touch ups - I'm all about the fuchsia thing right now, this one is OPI Thats Berry Daring. Its fabulous!

To the right of the nail polish is my SPF touch up product. Its by ColoreScience and is SPF50. I brush this on as needed over my makeup as the day wears on, keeping my sun-protection at a premium. The SPF 30 you put on at home in the morning has lost most of its efficiency by noon so you need a touch up product. (this one is also great if you live in humid places and sunscreen feels to melty or gooey on your skin)

Next there's my blackberry, my day planner ( I love the lavender leather cover) with the ever present sharpie, my aviators, EmergenC Acai flavor, and finally my beautiful Stephanie Johnson Pink Mumbai makeup bag, full of good things!
I actually pull out my Pink Mumbai makeup bag and use it as a clutch bag if I need to high speed change into something for evening.

Tomorrow I'm going to show you exactly what I carry around in my Stephanie Johnson Pink Mumbai makeup bag...

2 comments :

  1. ! funny - just because you make me smile! hah! Love the bag! I really do! Why do we love that bag?? How can anyone NOT love that bag? I LOVE that bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy my fabulous Hollywood movie star - you love that back because you are also a true fashionista!!
    I have a red one for summer thats made out of an indian rug! (same company)Its totally fabulous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete