Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Luxe Life

Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?
I couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of the Keurig coffee maker that I wanted so badly, but that was so markedly absent under the tree. Maybe Santa was drunk? or just forgot? - he is old afterall.

Another thing that clearly wasn't there, hadn't actually been on my list anyway, but nevertheless intrigues me no end, is the ultimate statement of the luxe life, the Hermes Birkin Bag

 This 35cm fuchia crocodile gem of a Birkin is actually on ebay right now for a mere $43, 999.00
Bargain.
If you're in the market for one I guess. I have clients and friends who own Birkins, and they are fun to walk around the house with, but I have a hard time seeing the value in them, much as I try.
If you look on the Createurs Deluxe website you'll see exotic Birkins for $75,000.

I wonder if any of my blog readers anywhere in the world got a Birkin for Christmas?

Add caption       



One of my favorite blogs dedicated to the Hermes phenom is Ladyhermezz. You can read all kinds of fun things about the Birkin here.

The luxe perfection that is Victoria Beckham is frequently spotted with Birkins.
Could she even look more fabulous???
(and what on earth is the white stuff on the side of that dude's face? Something About Mary? Looks like he's got new shoes on too)
 Marc Jacobs takes his white Birkin to the beach, at the same time taking decadence to a whole new level.

But if you are in the market for a new Birkin, this one I found on the Createurs Deluxe website certainly does have a spring/summer feel to it, and could no doubt take a girl any place she felt she needed to go.

I do enjoy Mykonos too...

No comments :

Post a Comment