Monday, August 2, 2010

Loving Giles!

When I was in Australia this summer there was significant buzz about 
cool Brit designer Giles Deacon, who is taking over the helm at
Paris based line Ungaro.

Deacon has a suitably interesting background - from designing at Bottega Veneta, to being snapped up for Gucci by Tom Ford, and stints at 
Jean Charles De Castelbajac, Louis Vuitton and Ralph Lauren.
In 2007 he won the Brit Designer Of The Year award for his Giles Deacon line.

"Hopefully, if you saw someone wearing one of our frocks you'd think she looks quite interesting to have a chat with and say hello to. They're a bit 'We're on, we're out, we mean business'," he says.

What a refreshing perspective!

Personally, I'm just loving Giles.
With August upon us already I decided it might be fun to have a look at my favorite pieces
from his Fall 2010 Ready To Wear collection. 

I love everything about this look, down to and including the accessories and the nail color
This dress is perfection.
I deal for business, for lunch, for drinks.
Simple, put together and super chic.
And the makeup is sensational!

This model's lips are quite scary, but look at the cut on those pants!
Everything about them is perfect. And the shoe could not be better either!
I love the movement in this dress. Again, the accessories, shoes, hair and makeup
all tell such a fabulous story.
Completely love this one.
I love the colors and the neckline???
Sensational.
Fun, flirty, great little cocktail number.
I died over this coat.
The cut is so exciting, and the color is so alive!
Fabulous.
And just how fun is this???

I guarantee you we will be seeing and hearing a lot more
from Giles Deacon!

No comments :

Post a Comment