Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Night Lite!

Well here we go again! Its Friday, and I just got back in from a shoot. Once again I have a crazy early call time tomorrow morning, so I wont be going out tonight.
But I got to thinking, if I was going out, what would I like to drink?

Looking to sports for inspiration, the racers are in Richmond (not feeling it), Fontana (sorry, but definitely not feeling it! but I am hoping to watch some of it), football of course, is all over the place. But Monday Night Football is Jets v Dolphins. There's a little something to inspire a girl!

Jets aren't thrilling me yet. And the Dolphins? I adored Dan Marino after Ace Ventura! (laces out Dan!) - so Dolphins it is.

Next up find a drink that is somewhat Miami-esque. Something with a little cuban flair maybe...

How about the El Presidente? Sounds cuban to me!



I have no idea who that girl is, but she mixes a great drink!

I also found this one, which is actually from Acapulco, but it looks kinda fab too!




Not to be confused with the daiquiri variant of the same name (created by an American bartender in Havana to honor Gerardo Machado, the fifth president of Cuba), this cocktail came from El Presidente Hotel, in Acapulco. If it seems outlandish, consider that the hotel bar was decorated with art by Salvador DalĂ­. The ingredients should be combined in a cocktail shaker three-quarters full of ice, shaken, and strained into a highball glass.

For each drink, combine 2 ounces each of dry gin and orange juice, 1 ounce each of apricot brandy, pineapple juice, and grapefruit juice, and a few drops of grenadine. Pour the drink over ice cubes in a 10-ounce glass, and garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

Either way, fun drinks, and a fun weekend ahead!

Bottoms up lovies!

xo

C

No comments :

Post a Comment