Friday, September 25, 2009

Shakin' That Pom Pom!


Hola amigos!

It's Friday, and I'm not in the Caribbean frolicking and having fun, so I decided it was high time we broke out my favorite drink for the fall.
(Even though it is 105 degrees here today, I'm still calling it fall...)

I love margaritas, and as a rule I never mess with the traditional flavor. But my gorgeous Texan friend introduced me to pomegranate margaritas one fall a couple of years back, and they are just ridiculously good!

I only ever make them from now though Christmas time - either its the color that makes it seasonal for me, or maybe its that this was the time of year that we made our auspicious aquaintance, but I am sure they make a great year rounder if you want a diversion from the regular margi flavor.






Pomegranate Margarita

2 cups of Pomegranate Juice
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons triple sec
2 tablespoons pomegranate liqueur
1/2 cup Cruz tequila
margarita salt
limes to garnish

Pour the pomegranate juice into icecube trays and freeze until solid.

Put the frozen cubes into the blender, leaving out one for each glass.
Add tequila, triple sec, pomegranate liqueur and lime juice.
Blend until slushy.

Slice one of the limes and run it around the rim of the glass, then salt it.

Put a pomegranate cube into each glass, pour the slushy margarita mix over top, and granish with a twist of lime.

Bottoms up baby!!!

xo

C




No comments :

Post a Comment