Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Prada in Red

Oh wow!
In the middle of a crazy day of meetings I had to go to the lingerie department at Saks to check out some pieces for a shoot that's coming up. I love getting consulted on wardrobe, love getting to look things over, but frankly, it all works so much better when they bring wardrobe to the studio, instead of me to Saks of all places!

You see, walking through Saks 5th Avenue is like skipping through a minefield to a girl trying to stay on budget. The lingerie department? Forget it! Danger zone.
I went in through the back door so I didn't have to go through the makeup department, but unfortunately, the error in that plan was that it sent me directly into the shoe department.

So I forgot about Plan A altogether, and meandered on in. Well actually, it was the siren song of Prada, that like the Lorelei to the ancient sailors, lured me in.

Check this out!



How perfect is this shoe? Completely, magnificently, alluringly perfect. And frankly, quite festive too! Can't you just imagine it paired with a little black dress at a Christmas party? I can see it with grey, it would be a divine statement with winter white....
So as I was test driving these perfect shoes around the department, and the salesman was mentally calculating the commission he'd be making on me, I was planning the makeup - Julie Hewett's new Soiree eye palette, MAC's #45 lashes, Julie's Bibo lip - soooo fabulous!

But then my phone started going crazy as the crew waiting for me upstairs started texting and calling me to find out where I was.

Saved by the proverbial bell!

I deliberately left all my plastic at home, so that I couldn't do any impulse buying. I cant really remember too much about the lingerie I was there to look over, as I am still so completely mesmerized by the shoe.

If I wait a week and then go back and get it, can it still be called an impulse purchase? Or by that point has it become an investment in what would have to be an amazing future?

Because in a shoe like that, life could only be truly amazing....

No comments :

Post a Comment