Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Season's Nars-o-licious....

I'm supposed to be doing many different things right now, but instead I'm sitting here playing with some of the new season's colors from Nars.
On some level I could probably say its work-ish, except that we all know its not - I'm just playing.

But lets have a little look at the objects of my affection...

First up I am loving the Silk Road eye shadow duo. Fall/winter can get so caught up in heavy, dull shades, so these are a breath of fresh air. The colors are soft, pretty and feminine. I'll be using them to do a subtle, beautiful, slightly opalescent eye, maybe bringing in a little depth to the outer corners with something a little moodier, like Night Fever. (eye shadow single)
Maybe I should do an eyeshadow tutorial with these?




The next thing isn't even remotely new, in fact I've been using it in my kit for years, but it does deserve a mention here. Once our bronzed up, glowy summer skin surrenders to the gloomy fall wind, rain and overcast skies, we tend to bury our skin under heavier bases and powders.
I am a big proponent of gorgeous, dewy looking skin, and one of the products I use to create this with is Nars The Multiple in Copacabana.
This versatile stick can be used in many ways, anywhere on the face. I love using my fingers to blend a little into the upper cheekbone, outer forehead, sometimes high on the nose, to create luminosity and glow to the skin.
Copacabana makes dull skin look alive and bright, which translates to young and gorgeous. And who doesn't want that???





One of these days I'll learn how to resize pictures. But until then...

Now of course I am still obsessing about the Stella McCartney over the knee boots that have now become the screensaver behind my lids when I close my eyes, and I was thinking about what makeup would be great to offset a killer pair of boots like that.

These boots are all about being fierce, fabulous and sexy, so the soft & juicy mouth that I love both to create on others and to wear myself isn't necessarily telling the same story as the footwear, so I'm thinking a bold, take no prisoners mouth. And wouldn't you know it? Nars has this darling piece of decadence that is exactly perfect! Even the name - "Fast Ride" is calling you to badness!




Its beautiful, bold and powerful, can be muted down to a stain, or worn full force.
The combination of these three products is just fabulous. Soft eyes (I'd throw a strip of lashes on for emphasis), glowing skin, and a full mouth. Hmmm - maybe we will have to shoot this look for you.

And the Stella's....



You just know its a match made in heaven!


xo

C

No comments :

Post a Comment