Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shu Racing!

Actually, this post has nothing what so ever to do with racing, but a whole lot to do with lashes and cleansing oils.

This morning after doing a segment on breakfast TV, I mosied on down to Saks 5th Avenue where I had one of my hyperventilative whirls through Shu Uemura to pick up more cleansing oil and check out the lash bar. A couple of treasures that you need full knowledge of!

Firstly, Shu itself. This is a truly delicious line of makeup designed by one of old(ish) Hollywood's most celebrated Makeup Artists. It's one of those lines that has spectacular makeup & divine skin care (the two don't often get together within one line). Add the most sensational lashes to the mix and I become hopelessly, devotedly addicted.





Uemura-san

So first up, lets talk about the cleansers. I love these passionately! Shu has a line of cleansing oils that will make you a convert as soon as you try them. The line is quite extensive and has different oils for all the different skin types. I know some of you are squirming at the concept of using oil on your face, and some of you may even have had not quite fabulous experiences with other brands, but trust me here!
You just massage a small amount of the oil into your dry skin, or fully made up face, then emulsify it with a little lukewarm water. It dissolves all makeup, even waterproof. It cleanses your skin so beautifully, and then leaves it soft and supple.

There is an oily skin formulation (oil lifts away oil), there's a skin brightening one, I use either the balancing or the purifying. The green purifying oil is anti aging, has antioxidants, cleanses, protects, and is the #1 selling oil cleanser in the world.





You can get the cleansing oils at the Shu Uemura Boutiques, at Saks 5th Avenue and at Sephora. (check website for other locations)


Next up, the Lash Bar.
The boutiques and Saks (probably some Niemans and other places too) also have a wall of the world's most fabulicious lashes, made by Shu.
There are simple lashes of all shapes and sizes, as well as the more extravagant lashes.
The basic lashes tend to run around $25 per set.


The combination of great quality and sensational design make Shu lashes sought after world wide.
They even designed special jewelled lashes for Madonna to use in her videos and on her tours. You can actually purchase almost the same lashes that Miss M uses, but with crystals and rhinestones instead of actual jewels, so they are a tad more cost effective.



And you have to figure on some level, if they are good enough for her, they can be just fab for us too!!!

I buy a lot of my more extreme lashes from Shu Uemura also. In fact, I have bags of them! (it's kinda like the shoe thing...) The big feather lashes etc I use on fashion shoots, not for a night on the town or a day at the races. But that's just me getting all conservative on you. If I saw you out at dinner in a pair of big fluffy orange Shu lashes, I would respect you. Immensely!

The lashes below were designed for Shu by Viktor and Rolf, and when I checked were $95 per pair. I don't own them. Yet. But I so covet the bottom pair!



One of the things that sets the lash bar apart from other lash bars, is that they have samples of almost all of their lashes inside glass cubes that you can hold up to your eye and look in the mirror to see how they really will look on you.
I can play there for hours, but it invariably costs me...

So today was all about the cleansing oil, and I didn't add to the ever growing lash collection.

I do recommend trying the cleansing oils. I have never had anyone who has tried them not totally love them.

And love makes the world go round...

xo

C

1 comment :

  1. I have used these oils for years! They are completely amazing!
    I'm glad you wrote about them.

    Melissa Coleman

    ReplyDelete