Monday, August 3, 2009

Meet the Crew

I keep talking to you about the people I work with, but haven't really introduced you yet.

I love that my career takes me to many different and exciting places, and I love that I am always doing something new and thrilling, but best of all I love the creative teams that in this line of work you wind up on.
When you are really lucky, and all the planets line up just right, you find yourself working as part of a super creative team of like minded souls. And when you get the right fit, you end up working over and over and over together.

So here is the absolute gorgeousness that is Will Zecco.



Will is the hair genius. Handsome buggar, isn't he? We have worked together as the hair and makeup team for almost 7 years. Not all, but by far most clients book us together. And it is always, always great fun!
Will makes me laugh til I cry.
He also knows all the right things to say to a girl. You can be having one of those days where you look like hell in a handbasket, and Will will make you feel beautiful. And then he will round out your day with the raunchiest jokes you have ever heard in your life!
Everywhere we go people think we're married, and I let them keep thinking it! (even though we actually bat on different teams...)
Life is definitely a lot more fun when Will is around.

Next up, meet Kelly Cappelli.




Kelly is the most amazing photographer ever!
She is from the Chicago area, and has a huge background in fashion. She has an unparalleled ability to paint stories with light and texture. I spend a lot of time standing behind her watching her shoot, and am always just bowled over by the images she comes up with. I am always wondering "how didn't I see that?"
Our clients have the added benefit that she does a huge amount of very high profile image enhancement work. Very famous people - actors, rockstars, professional speakers, athletes etc come to Studio5 to Kelly to change their look or their public image. Its pretty wild. (I would name-drop like crazy at this point, but its always confidential. Its cool though - trust me on this one!)
She can take an average person and guide them in how to move their body, and tell stories with their eyes, and get the absolute best out of them!
And quite apart from being a genius, she has also become one of my very closest friends.

And this gorgeous young thing is Lea. We shoot with Lea an enormous amount. You've seen her picture on my blog before, and you will be seeing a whole lot more of her too.
Lea is a brilliant model - just amazing to work with! She is also a recording artist with huge things happening in the music biz. She will become a household name, no question about it, and you will be able to say "I knew her way back when..."



Here we are after one of my video makeup tutorials. That was a really hilarious day. We all got the giggles really badly, and wound up having to do about a million takes. In fact we wound up having to use a take with us bursting out laughing at the end!




Lea can be doing a really physically demanding, intense shoot, but she still breaks into song every few minutes. To hear her sing click here.

So now you know the crew.
If you see one of us in an airport, keep looking, because the rest wont be too far away! We are always all over the map.(you'll know which one is me, I'll be the one in the high heels...)

Hope you're having a gorgeous day!

xo

C

1 comment :