Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are You Ready For Happy Hour?

So I was cruising through one of my favorite beauty blogs , Beauty Addict, and she had the best terminology ever! She was talking about keeping the mini version of Michael Kors leg shine in a desk drawer and she referred to the product as "not taking up valuable real estate" in your desk.

Frankly, I thought that was brilliant! Why didn't I think up that one?
It got me thinking about which products I would keep in a desk drawer for some instant fab, summer, happy hour transformation, and that didn't take up too much "valuable real estate". (love that so much!).

For a little high speed, post work, pre drinks lovin, here's what would be in my desk drawer (if I had one!)

First up, Touche Eclat/Radiant Touch by YSL





This is one of my beyond favorite products. You just click the end of the pen, and then paint a little of the product under your eyes, pat it in lightly with your ring finger, and voila! Instant undereye renewal!
I cook up my own brew of this in the make up room, but on the go I don't leave home without it!

Next I'd have Fix+ (with rose water) by MAC.


When you need to bring make up back to life, either after a full day in make up under the lights, or just regular day wear make up in real life, Fix+ is a Godsend. Lightly spritz over the face, and it rehydrates, refreshes and renews your make up. Love it!

I'm a big fan of Make Up Forever, and I love their Duo Matte. Its foundation and powder in one, so its ideal for some repair work. You can add back in any color you've wiped off during the day, and use it for a little powdering too. It contains an ingredient called Nylon12, which gives the most exquisite finish to the skin.



Keep Duo Matte in your desk drawer year round.

A great way to high speed refresh your make up and breathe some vitality back into your look is to give your cheeks some loving. I'm a huge fan of Nars blushes


particularly Orgasm and Sin. Sweep a little Orgasm over your cheekbones, and sister, you are good to go!

While on the subject of Nars fabulousity I also love the multi stick in Copacobana.
I dab a little on the top of the cheekbones& temples with my finger to give a dewy quality to the skin. Use it sparingly, but enjoy the lovely youthful hue it gives. Perfect for summer!

On to the lips. I adore the MAC lip pencils. The quality is fabulous, and the color choices divine.



I'm a big fan of a color called "Whirl". You can use it with so many different lip colors, or with plain gloss, and it is universally so flattering!

Because we're talking about a little apres-work romp here, I'm going to tell you to pair it up with Nars gloss in Orgasm. Looove it!




Teeny picture, because I couldn't find a bigger one....

And now the bare legs. Summer legs should be bare, but need a little glimmer or sheen for an evening out. I have two recommendations for the desk drawer (and the bathroom cabinet)

My favorite beyond favorite is Sally Hansen Airbrush Shimmer. I've used this for ages both at home and on shoots. Just spray a little on and you're good to go! It really does give your legs a lovely sheen.

Then, of course, there's the product that got me thinking along the lines of what to have in the desk drawer in the first place, and that's Beauty Addict's recommended Michael Kors Leg Shine.

This one looks best if you've already got some color in your skin. It has a slightly oily texture, so it takes a little getting used to, and it is fragranced, so you need to be a fan of Michael Kors perfume (...and I am...). You can get it in a mini size at Sephora for $10.

And, of course, it just wouldn't be a night out without Jimmy!
How completely beyond fab are these???


They'll look gorgeous with your summer legs - just please, please, please dont cram them in your desk drawer!

And now ladies, there's an ice cold margarita calling...

No comments :

Post a Comment