Monday, June 8, 2009

Which Red Are You?

Do you ever wish you could wear red lipstick but cant ever find the right one? As a make up artist I spent years sourcing out reds, and have palettes and bags full of them. They are typically tricky to work with and can be quite challenging to wear. If you find the killer color, you can guarantee the texture doesn't work, or if you get the perfect texture and wearability the color turns after 5 minutes.

So I'm going to let you in on a little secret....


When it comes to reds the only name you need to know is Julie Hewett. (www.JulieHewett.net)


Julie is a Hollywood movie make up artist, responsible for much fabulous movie make up magic. Check out her movie credits on her website! Anyway, when Julie was making the movie Pearl Harbor, she couldn't find the perfect red lip that she wanted for Kate Beckinsdale, so she ended up making it herself. When the world at large saw the movie, everyone wanted that amazing red lip, magazines wrote about it, celebs and socialites begged for it, and every make up artist just had to have it!


So out of screaming necessity Julie had to create and release her boutique line of reds.

The Julie Hewett Noir series is the ultimate set of reds.
When you check out her website, look at the "Which Red Are You" section. She shows you each red, and explains who that color is perfect for. If you're a pro make up artist you need them all in your kit. If you're just a gal in need of the best red ever, look no further!
Pay special attention to the lip liners too. Rouge Noir is a staple in my kit.


One of my favorite things about the noir series, apart from the amazing colors, is that they wear so beautifully. They last so well and dont bleed. They also leave the lip nicely hydrated due to the camelia oil she puts in them.


I use them in my kit, I wear them myself, and when I teach pro make up artistry classes I make sure my students are well versed in them.


Julie Hewett is not sold in department stores. On the website you can check out the locations, or just order online www.juliehewett.net

Have a beautiful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment