Saturday, June 6, 2009

Amazing Grace

I am a firm believer that a girl should always have fresh cut flowers, be wearing killer lingerie, have fab shoes, and a fragrance wardrobe as varied as her fashion wardrobe.


The flowers and lingerie we'll talk about in another blog post, and you already know about my shoe passion, so lets chat about fragrance...


I have a small but divine fragrance collection that works around what I'm wearing and where I'm going and is a part of all that is me.


I love a winter fragrance that is warmer, sexier and more complex. In the summer I wear a fragrance that is lighter and more simple, yet so beautiful. They are my signature scents and are ideal for many situations, from dinner a deux with the most handsome man ever, to a day of creativity on a cool photoshoot.



So much memory is attached to our sense of smell. A quick breath of freshly cut grass can jettison you off to summer when you were 6 years old, a hint of musk can take you back to being an awkward teenager. I had a cello teacher when I was young, who always smelled overwhelmingly of cut roses. I cant smell them without seeing her in her music studio.



So I keep my special perfumes for the outfits and occasions I want to associate them with, and always have a day to day fragrance that is fun, lovely and less expensive.

This season I am loving Amazing Grace by Philosophy.










I have a gorgeous, glamorous friend who keeps Amazing Grace shower gel and body lotion in the guest bathrooms in all of her homes. I can't smell it without thinking about being with her somewhere fabulous, having fun, laughing and loving life.
So it seemed like a good idea to put such great associations into my daily existance!

I love to layer my fragrances, and love having options on the combinations I may use on any given day. Maybe I want both shower gel and body lotion?




Maybe today is just a little perfumed body spritz



Or maybe I feel like giving it the works today?
There are several products within this line to choose from and build with.


Anyway, if you're not familiar with this lovely, feminine, fresh, summery scent, go check it out.


Afterall, there's something kinda fabulous about moving thru your day in a state of amazing grace...


No comments :

Post a Comment