Monday, May 18, 2009

Protect That Beautiful Face From The Sun!

Have you ever had one of those hideous photo-aging pics done, and seen the crazy sun damage thats lurking under the surface of your skin, ready to bust out and steal your flawless glory?




Quite frankly, its ghastly! (BTW thats not me)


For years I thought I was doing the right thing by only using moisturizers and foundations that have SPFs in them (usually SPF15). Then the sun damage started peeking thru....

You see the SPF in those products doesn't quite cut it. Its a fabulous accessory, a wonderful and clever addition to your SPF wardrobe, but its not enough on its own.

If you think about how much sunscreen you put on at the beach, its literally tablespoons full. Your moisturizer tends to be just a quick wipe.

I have found over the years that most free standing facial SPFs tend to be either too slimy on the surface of the skin, so make up doesn't adhere well, or otherwise after a few days the skin starts breaking out.

After years of searching I have found the purrfect solution!

Everyday (even in the winter months) after my moisturizer has had a couple of minutes to soak in, I then apply one of my favorite products, Rhonda Allison SPF 30. This one soaks into your skin, and after a couple of minutes you can apply your make up over it.


I've used this product for two years now, and swear by it!


Most of your facial sun damage happens while you're going about your day, moving back and forward from your car to the office/store/wherever you're going. Thats why a super-duper facial SPF is vital!


Now if I'm going to the beach, lying by the pool, on a boat, hiking, biking or on an outdoor location shoot (you get the picture) I change things up a bit. For that kind of powerhouse exposure you need to break out the big guns!


One of my faves is La Posay Athenios SPF 50 .
I use this on models, celebs etc when we're working outdoors. They understand the importance of a hardcore SPF more than most!

I also love the Neutrogena Helioplex SPFs and have several including SPF 55 and SPF 75 etc.


They dry to a nice finish and make up goes straight over them beautifully. If you're out having fun in the sun with no make up on you won't have that slimy, shiny look to your skin either.
Lastly, don't forget to apply SPF to your throat and chest. Sun damaged necks and decolletes are so unsexy and sooo aging! I swear by big hats and big glasses too.
Stay beautiful!


No comments :

Post a Comment